Support to the reform of the Georgian Parliament, 10/2005-01/2009
Development and consolidation of democratic institutions in Georgia through support for an effective, efficient and transparent working environment by enhancing the capacity, professionalism and accountability of the Georgian Parliament.
• To improve the professionalism and the working conditions of the Parliament
• To improve the role of the Parliament in the oversight of the executive
• To increase the Parliament’s capacities in terms of EU policies and legislation
• To improve the relations between the Parliament, civil society and interest groups
• To establish fruitful relationships between the Parliament, parliaments from EU Member States, parliaments of neighbouring countries and the European Parliament.
Leading Partner: GTZ