HAUS Finnish Institute of Public Management Ltd provides training, coaching and development services to the state administration. HAUS is a state stakeholder unit under the steering of the Ministry of Finance of Finland.
HAUS has solid experience in implementing international capacity-building projects, including a remarkable track record of EU Twinning projects and other international capacity and institution building projects in the sphere of public administration. HAUS cooperates with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland in terms of capacity building projects and development cooperation.
We are currently looking for candidates for the position of
Chief Partnership Adviser (CPA) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, to support Institutional development and Resource mobilization of Uongozi Institute (UI)
The CPA will work in a project funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Finland as part of Finnish Development Policy. MFA has supported Uongozi Institute (UI) from the very beginning when the Institute was established in 2010. The CPA will work in a project titled “Partnership support to the Institute of African Leadership for Sustainable Development (Uongozi Institute), Phase III”.
Finnish support in the third phase of the project has focused on enhancing the thematic areas of Leadership development, Sustainable development and Institutional development. HAUS is responsible for the implementation of the component regarding the institutional development of UI. The project is now running on a no-cost extension until the end of June 2022.
The CPA will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, until the end of phase three of the project. The work will start onsite in Tanzania as soon as possible, or by latest in November 2021.
The main responsibility of the CPA will be to support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the UI in further refining and developing the work of the Institute for the implementation of its strategy and in securing its sustainability. The CPA will support UI in resource mobilization and marketing in order to secure funding for the new 5-year strategy and in becoming a financially sustainable institute.
The tasks will include:
- Developing, in cooperation with the relevant UI staff, fundable packages of UI products and services for presenting to potential resource partners;
- Identifying potential resource partners who might be interested in supporting the Institute;
- Finding a match between the potential partners and UI’s programmes, projects and services as well as funding requirements;
- Actively interacting with the potential resource partners;
- Advising and supporting UI in developing marketing materials for resource mobilization purposes.
- Advising and supporting UI in organizing resource mobilization events;
- Updating UI’s Resource Mobilization Strategy and preparing a resource mobilization action plan with timelines and responsibilities
- Any other responsibilities or assignments given by the CEO.
The CPA will also be responsible for the programme reporting and coordinating programme activities in cooperation with the HAUS home office including:
- Acting as Team Leader for the Technical Assistance (TA) experts of the project;
- Preparing progress reports of the project implementation to the Steering committee;
- Supporting UI in the preparation of progress reports of the project as may be required by MFA in addition to the reports provided by UI to its Board of Directors;
- Preparing the Project Completion report at the end pf the Programme;
- Serving the Steering Committee as secretary;
Main requirements of the CPA are the following:
- At least a Master’s Degree in an appropriate field of economics, social sciences, or related field;
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience in a multicultural environment;
- Strong track record in mobilizing funding for institutions;
- Experience in working in Africa;
- Excellent understanding of development cooperation and development partner organizations and other potential resource partners;
- Strong track record in drafting project proposals, funding requests and marketing material;
- Team Leader experience in development cooperation programmes/projects, preference given to long-term assignments and experience from Africa;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think creatively;
- Proven ability to work efficiently and diplomatically within sensitive and complex multicultural environments and teams, and to cooperate with all levels of stakeholders;
- Proven networking and teambuilding skills;
- Strong reporting skills;
- Total fluency in written and spoken English language.
Duration of employment: November 2021 (or earlier, if possible) – June 2022
In order to apply for this job, please send your motivation letter and CV (max. 3 pages) including salary request in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com latest by Friday 15 October 2021.