Project timing10/2005 01/2009
Overall objective and purpose of the project
Development and consolidation of democratic institutions in Georgia through support for an effective, efficient and transparent working environment by enhancing the capacity, professionalism and accountability of the Georgian Parliament.
• To improve the professionalism and the working conditions of the Parliament
• To improve the role of the Parliament in the oversight of the executive
• To increase the Parliament’s capacities in terms of EU policies and legislation
• To improve the relations between the Parliament, civil society and interest groups
• To establish fruitful relationships between the Parliament, parliaments from EU Member States, parliaments of neighbouring countries and the European Parliament.
Leading Partner: GTZ